Make a Resolution For Healthier Hair
We’ve all been there… Extreme dye jobs. Perms. Flatirons. While they can give you the look you love, they can also do a number on your hair. If you want to make 2019 the year for healthier hair, Dosha Salon & Spa in Portland OR can help.
Here are some easy tricks that can make your hair healthier while you’re rockin’ a great style!
- Don’t wash your hair more often than you have to. Why? Because even the gentlest shampoos can strip your hair of it’s natural oils and overtime really dry it out. Instead, try a dry shampoo to extend your style a couple more days.
- Use a shampoo that strengthens and moisturizes hair like Damage Remedy. This stuff is a girl’s best friend when it comes to lightening your hair.
- Use a heat protectant. EVEN if it’s the only product you use after you get out of the shower, you’ll thank us later.
- Use a tee shirt to dry your hair instead of a towel. Life hack: A tee shirt is much gentler on your hair and don’t rough up the cuticle as much.
- Skip the DIY-dye job. As tempting as it may be to try to save a few dollars and do it yourself, the results are rarely exactly what you’re going for. Plus, you’re likely to damage your hair—especially if you’re bleaching it. And the reality is, if you aren’t happy with the results, you’ll end up spending more at a salon to fix the problem than you would have if you’d gone to a color expert to begin with!
Follow these few tips to start yourself off on having healthier hair all year long! If you need assistance selecting the right products for your hair, come talk to one of the professionals at Dosha Salon and Spa. We have six convenient locations in the Portland area. Come see us soon!